COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

External members in workspaces

Ability to invite external users to participate only in specific workspaces.

79 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJan Marquardt (Managing Director, COYO) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Florian: Latest roadmap says in Q3. We will use O365 by then and the late implementation of the feature will be another setback for the use and acceptance of coyo.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on when this will implemented? I know you mentioned one could create a sort of "External" role and limit that role to only have access to Workspaces. In our case unfortunately this means that the External can see all our public Workspaces, when he is supposed to see only one.

We would need something to lock down the External to on or more specific Workspaces only. Also the roles for this External should be more granular. An External e.g. should be able to upload and alter documents but not allowed to delete them - right now you can only grant them both (alter and delete but not either or). Thank you for your great work!

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can go without that actual feature for a while, it should be no problem to migrate, from my point of view.

I know that some customers are actually doing that. They migrate to COYO4 and apply a very restricted role to their former external users (e.g. so that they can only see workspaces). After we implemented the feature itself, it will be possible to "demote" common users to externals.

• pfranke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, does that delay migrations that use external Workspaces at the moment? If so, would it change something if we deactivate external workspaces and delete external members.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very sorry but I have to announce that we need to postpone that feature again. Development has already started and is ongoing but the feature turned out to be way more complex and difficult than we thought.

It is now scheduled for Q3.

• Lennart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nice idea. As administration will become more complex with this and other ideas, I can read in this community, please consider making the administration overall a little more comfortable. I am thinking of a botton below the regular pageapps wich says "adminmode". switch on gives me options, switch off keeps me a normal reader. This way you can also take "layout bearbeiten" under this submenu

• Oliver Schmitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a very iportant feature to be able to grant external people access to certain workspaces. When do we can expect that this featuer is available?

• Mathias Drexler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use workspaces for contact e.g. with auditors and documentation of audit process. Therefore internal and external person share a working space with discussions etc. It should be possible, to exclude certain workspace-members from apps to get more diferentiated spaces - e.g. auditors excluded from some forums. Could also be a checkbox "exclude external" - so we could have two groups within one workspace, app-specific.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function should be visible and usable for external members as well - of course only for the workspace they were invited to.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admins need a list of external People. Workspace Memberlist of external people would help for the moment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base