COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Independent calendar-app

It needs to be possible that you can create a calendar on pages/ workspaces whose entries are not shown in the global calendar (event).

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, if I understand your requirements correctly two things should be changed regarding the calendar:

1. Visibility and invitation concept: Public events for the page / workspace without having to invite participants / private events for closed pages and workspaces / restricted events for a certain group of people.

2. Views: Add a monthly and weekly view for the events. Make it easier to see your personal calendar (with all events I was invited to, or I am attending).

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to provide an option to choose the displayed view (list, monthly view (calendar view), weekly view).

Moreover I would like to choose, who´s invited and is therefore allowed to participate:
        Public communities: Public event - Everyone, who´s interested is able to join
        Closed & Private community: Everyone within the community is able to join (options: maximum number of participants); Invite participants, but the event is visible for the whole community

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make the calendar a really useful tool it should provide at least two views:
        1. Display the calendar of a workspace inside a workspace
        2. Display the users calendar, which means a calendar where he is able to see all his entries summarizing the calendars of the workspaces he is part of.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hm I would extend this requirement to a calendar for teams. I think one use case which is gone with V4 is the team or project calendar. We had many teams, who work in communities together and they need a calendar for planning JF/Vacations etc. This use case would also include not to delete passed events. I would like to see a separate Calender-App for collaboration. Best with Ical abo.

• pfranke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe I'm wrong. At the moment I can only see Events in my calendar from the Pages and Workspaces I subscribed / I'm a member of, correct?

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks!
        Only partially...we use the calendar as a working tool but also for "leisure events". E.g. we offer sports classes for the whole company and for this we need a seperate calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base