COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Improve frontend performance

Please improve the frontend performance/stability. It hangs/lags quite often if you click "too fast" in the system.

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Florian Fuchs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) responded  · 

Ok, good idea. I would also be very interested whether other customers have the same problems as well.

We are always trying to optimize the frontend performance of COYO and we did so along the last releases. It has become a very complex application and especially the timeline already has a lot of UI components that might slow down certain browsers.

So, we are always interested in feedback where we can improve speed and performance.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lisa Schulte-Kortnack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just had the same discussion in our team as the performance is a big issue for us. It would be a great plus, if you improve the frontend performance.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just opened Coyo in the app, browsers etc and measurd the time until the homepage was loaded. These are the results (I created a new ticket):

MOBILE

1. OnePlus 3, Android 8.0.0.:

App Wlan: 25 seconds. Reload: 22 seconds
        App 4G: 27. Reload: 26.

Website Firefox Wlan: 51 Reload: 43.
        Website Firefox 4G: 48. Reload: 55.

2. iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.1

App Wlan: 17. Reload: 14.
        App 4G : 22. Reload: 17.

PC/BROWSER

3. Chrome
        LAN-Kabel: 9. F5: 7.
        Wlan: 15 F5: 11

4. Firefox:
        LAN-Kabel: 12. F5: 10.
        Wlan: 13. F5: 12

5. Internet Explorer:
        LAN-Kabel: 15. F5: 21.
        Wlan: 20. F5: 19

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have similar problems, especially with the RAM usage of Coyo in IE11 and even sometimes in Chrome.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time if I use COYO my computer needs one core completly only for COYO. The one browser process uses 25% cpu load (my system: 4 cores) the whole time, even the browser process is minimized/hidden. My laptop feels like a fan heater.
        The same at my colleagues: 1 core ...
        Similar at different operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10; Linux; MAC). The MAC from my colleague displays a message like: "This website has an extensive energy consumption ..."

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Frank, I am very sorry to hear that. We are already continuously improving the performance of the platform but we will take an extra look into this.

Therefore, can you tell me what browser and which operating system you are using?

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COYO and performance = 2 differences!
        Sorry, my comment does not contain any information, only my feeling.

Start your browser, open the start page ... wait ... wait ... see/follow the page creation
        or click a link ... wait ... wait ... (possible get a cup of coffee, maybe with smalltalk) ... page creation
        or click a link ... wait ... wait ... see an error message (oops ...)

What I want to write: I use COYO only in my company - and I will never use this tool in my private life. I need the time after work to relax. Not for waiting or to get upset.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, especially loading time of timeline in Internet Explorer and Firefox (PC).

• Florian Fuchs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, it happens in Firefox/Chrome (newest) on Desktops (Windows, Linux). We already have support issues open for that.
        It occurs when you switch "too fast" between pages/workspaces. There are also JS-erors in the console.

I just wanted to see, if someone else is experiencing this as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base