COYO Web

Welcome! This is your place to suggest ideas or vote for them for improving COYOs desktop experience.

How it works

1. Check if your idea already has been suggested. If it has, vote for it.
  2. If it's new, submit it, describing what you have in mind and how it would benefit the COYO community.
  3. Gather support!
  4. We will reply to your idea as soon as we have a status on it.

Note Please remember that the language of this forum is English.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. statistics: Implement tracking within Coyo on every page

Until migration to Coyo 4 we used piwik and that was ok. With the new single page application and the new URL setup it gets more and more complicated to get speaking numbers out of it.
    I would like to suggest to implement a basic tracking to Coyo:
    As a page or community owner I can see how many people have visited my page, which content is the most appealing. One could even think of implementing the counter directly on the article, wiki, etc. so everyone can see it.
    Statistics are a really important KPI to steer a social intranet.…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We probably won’t build an analytics tools within COYO. We should rather focus on integrating existing (and great) tools which are already out there. But I have to admit that we need to do a better job for that, as well.

I’d like to close this issue in favor of different other suggestions here in the forum:

- Show number of views for content, specifically articles: https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010/suggestions/35131588

- Improve URL to make tracking for external tools easier:
    https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010/suggestions/32454134

Hope you are ok with this decision. If you had something else in mind with this idea I am happy to discuss this with you.

2. Password change after XX days

Due to legal , there is a requirement for a regular password change in the german banking-industry. I recommend an automatic password change, which must be done by the user after XX days. If the password-change is not done, registration is not possible without changing the password into a new. This ensures that a password-change is carried out at regular intervals and thus also the security for the protection of the login.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, but it is something that we are not going to implement. There is no value for the product here and it is not state of the art to force the user to change is password. There is no increase in security.

3. Copy/Duplicate function for Entries from Blogposts, Events, Forms and so on

It would be so helpful if there would be the possiblity to copy/duplicate Blogposts, Events, Forms and so on. For example we have daily courses where users could enroll for different times with in 15 minutes intervals. so we have very much entries. now we have to duplicate these every day! much work!

Also we have a newsletter, which has a format, which we reuse every time. so it would be much easier to just copy the old entry and adjust only the texts in the newsletter.

So a copy/duplicate function would be so helpful in much situations.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More filters for the colleagues list

Filter so far only uses "Department", additionally "Office" (= City) would be helpful too.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kristin, sorry – I didn’t see this suggestion still being open. This is already possible but you will need a little bit of technical knowledge since it can only be configured via the REST-API.

Any profile field can be configured to be visible in the colleagues list and also being available as a filter.

See the properties “fields0.important” and “fields0.searchAggregation” in the REST-API documentation: https://coyocloud.com/docs/restdoc/guide/user-profile

There is also more detailed description about this topic in our knowledge base: https://knowledgebase.coyoapp.com/de/article/wie-kann-ich-benutzer-profilfelder-bearbeiten-und-konfigurieren

Be ware that filters only work for profile fields containing text (not for dates, checkboxes etc.).

5. 'Sharing with a page' should be a configurable right

As a user i can share any content with a popular page within the social intranet. This is an issue especially with auto-subscribed pages within larger organizations, since any content shared with a page will be visible on the timeline for every user of the intranet.

Example:
    User shares an undesirable message with the auto-subscribed news page of the company. This undesirable message will now be pushed forward to the timeline/hompage of every user, even when these users aren't following each other.

Possible solution:
    Make "share with page" and "share with workspace" configurable rights within the roles tab of the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ben and I talked directly. This seems to occur in some special circumstances. We will have a closer look into it but it appears to be a bug.

I’ll therefore close this suggestion since it is not a feature request.

6. Sticky only for admin

The sticky function should only available for admins.
    The normal user should not have the possibility to set a sticky to a post.
    This prevent extrem very low priority messages with sticky like "nice weather today".

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Invite user groups to workspaces

When will it be possible to invite user groups to workspaces?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The "Latest Blog Articles" widget can be renamed, but is not automatically saved/in real time like any other widget.

When renaming widgets, they are renamed in real time and saved automatically. But the Latest Blog Article widget needs to be saved manually. Further the moderator mode needs to be leaved before the changes are visiable. To increase the usability a consistent process should be implemented.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selection of members for workspaces/groups/...

If you select the members for something like workspaces or groups, there's always just a part of all members to select from.

For example I want to build a group with all members of a location of our company group: I can't select all of the people because they are not all listed. I've to search for and then select them.

If it's too confusing to put all members into the popup list, there should be the possibility to open a better view with a list of all members to select.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. general customer service tool

A general Customer ServiceDesk would be really helpful, so that all Coyo customers can see identified bugs, problems etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Document app: Edit file names

If I´m changing the file´s name, I can also change the file type. This cause that users change the whole name of the file including the file type, which will cause the file to be broken. Thus it can´t be edited in Office.

Therefore it should only be possible to change the title of the document without the file type. To prevent that the file will be broken afterwards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create workspace with defined members

When I create a workspace I want to be able to add members directly to my new workspace instead of just inviting them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the mechanics of inviting users first in COYO 4.

In many companies users are free to create workspaces and invite people. If they were able to just add anyone against their will this could be abused easily.

13. Timeline: Indicator for blocked Posts

If a post on a timeline is blocked and an admin comments (he is still allowed), a normal user sees the post as displayed in the screenshot. He will think "there is a comment but no possibility to comment". This means > something must be defect.

It could be an idea to display something like "commenting is blocked" or something like that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steffen, just stumbled upon this request. This shouldn’t be the case anymore. The user will se an information icon which explains why he or she can’t comment nor like. If this is still not working this is a bug.

14. Prevention of simultaneous editing in Blog-APP

Prevention of simultaneous editing in Blog-APP

Prevention of simultaneous editing in Blog-APP is needed. It´s crucial for us editors.
    In the Wiki-App it is already implemented, therefore in Wiki-APP it is not possible for more than one editor to work in a Wiki-Article at the same time.
    For Blog-App, an App, that is used a lot more in our company, the prevention of simultaneous editing should be implemented too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not going to implement this feature since the use case is quite rare. Usually there is only one editor per blog article.

Additionally there seems to be no high demand for this issue since only 4 users have voted for it in over 2 years.

15. Restricted visibility of apps

It would be convenient to add apps within workspaces that are not visible to every member in workspace. So you do not need two workspaces that actually belong together but do not have the same members

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workspaces / Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ctrl F: Search Screen

I cannot use CTRL & F to search "the screen". Please help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Creation of group chat: Select several members at once

When creating a group chat, as soon as you choose one member, the list of employees disappears and you have to click the "+-button" to get back to the list. Are there any plans to change this process so that you can select several members in the chat at once and confirm the choice afterwards?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Malte,

thanks for your response. That’s great! I will close this suggestion then. If this comes up again or you have another idea on your mind how to improve this, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Sven

19. See new messages directly

E.g. via a pop-up message, which can be clicked so that the message is opening up directly (as in outlook).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Corinna, this seems to be an error. Firefox should show you a browser notification once you received a message. You can even click on the message and you will be directed to the according chat in COYO.

Could you please check your browser settings? Maybe notifications are blocked by Firefox?

If you can’t get it to work please contact our service team. They will help you figuring this out: https://www.service.coyoapp.com/

I will close this issue here since it is no feature request.

20. Possibility to deactivate "Follow Function"

If a user group or all user groups aren't able to use the "following-function". It should be possible to deactivate this function. Especially at the colleagues list there is no need to display this function if the user isn't able to follow. It's more a bug than an idea.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base