I suggest…

Administration of external users

A. In a member administration of a workspace, I need to be able to filter by external users.

B. I need an easy reminder to re-invite (external) users if they did not accept the invitation.

B. In Coyos general administration, there is a filter by external users. In addition there should be displayed:
B1 The workspaces the external user has joined
B2 The workspaces the external users was invited to.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christoph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tobias Winkler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

B1 and B2 should be restricted to the moderator role....In my company, I'm not even allowed to look at this info, without CEO-permission.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 things that haven't been mentioned but definatley need to be adressed in combination with external users:

- Terms of Use - External Users need to get their own Terms of Use - right now they get "our company" Terms of use which is very confusing as the ToU were designed for internal employees. There has to be a possibility to generate a ToU soely for external users.

- Introduction Tutorial - Same thing as ToU - Why do external users get the same introduction "...this is the digital home of your company xyz" as internal users? This is also quite confusing as the introduction / beginner tutorial for externals should focus on their possibilities within a workspace

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more thing:

An admins delets an external user in the backend. An employee wants to invite the deleted person with the same email adress and does not know that the person has existend in the intranet. After the invitation, the employee does not see the person under "invited users".

Solution: There should be a message that the user already exists and needs to be re-activated. When reactivated, the user should get another welcome email or so.

Hi Sven, can you tel me a bit more of what you are planning regarding the administration? I think it's essential for the feature and for managing external users.

Example: It should not be the case that there are maybe hundreds of external users in our intranet and I don't know nothing about the mentioned things..

I also need to know:

- the person that invited the external user (use case e.g.: to ask if the external person still needs to be a member)

- a function to report external members so that they can be deactivated (or something similar)

Understand. One step back: It would be helpful to see the pages/workspaces a user is an admin of in the administration overview.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the hint. Yes, being able to sort users in the admin by different categories would be quite helpful. I don't really agree with the second link since it would need a change in the general concept. I'd like to keep the page administration within the pages.

Thanks, Sven.

Please take a look at these ideas, too:

https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/32000860-sort-users-in-the-administration-area-by-after-n

https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/31210693-manage-users-in-the-administration-assign-users-t

When it comes to user administration you should always be able to sort/group users by name, AD, company, location, groups, roles etc. That's also very important to group users etc.

Maybe there could be one big improvement when it comes to user administration.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Christoph, thanks for your feedback. It's very valuable for us especially for new features like the external workspace members.

I agree that it could be more convenient to administrate externals. We'll have a look into it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base