I suggest…

Comments stick to a shared page

Person A shares a page with Person B. Person C comments the generated timeline post. Some time later Person D shares the same page with Person F (so there is no connection to the first sharing). Now the comment of person C sticks to the timeline post generated by D sharing the page with F. This is a big issue since the comment of C has no contextual connection to the sharing of D.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas Plonka shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Kerstin & Thomas, I see the point. This was done to have shares consistent. When sharing a blog article you usually want to see the comments on the article also under the share (since it reflects a discussion about it's content). For pages and workspaces, though, it does not make so much sense. We will have a look into this.

• Thomas Plonka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're right, Kerstin. My original example becomes an even bigger problem as it already is, if Person D shares the page with a question to person F. In this case the old commentary of C answers the new question of D and creates a wrong (and potentially dangerous) context.

• Kerstin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And (even worse) there is no difference whether content is shared in a public or private area (e.g. protected workspace). All comments appear under the original post :-(

Feedback and Knowledge Base