I suggest…

Make blog post sticky

Set blog articles "sticky" for specific people.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sorry, you said it, "suggestion".. ;)

I like Isabell's idea. But it should only be the option to pin a post to the top without the existing "sticky" feature where you can click it away.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Christoph, if the option is enabled that blog articles get shared automatically you could additionally check an option within the article to make the article sticky. But after I thought about it for a while this is probably not the best usability since options to share articles and make articles sticky would be placed at very different locations.

So maybe it would be better to make blog articles sticky within the blog app (as Isabell stated as well).

• Isabell Wenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the option to display an article as sticky in the blog app. The share option is useless for us as we display the blog apps in a different way for our users.

"My suggestion would be to allow editors to make the automatic share sticky for selected articles."

How can this be done?

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not planned right now. For clarification: should the share article be posted as a sticky timeline item (like in the workaround). Or should an article be displayed sticky in the blog app?

My suggestion would be to allow editors to make the automatic share (which can be set in the blog app) sticky for selected articles.

Workaround: deactivate "share on timeline automatically" und then share it on you timeline manually. Then you can make a blogpost sticky.

• Isabell Wenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important for us: We use the widget "Latest blog articles" as a "Newsticker" with more than 10 entries- showing short news in the company that employees need to know. Some of them are more important than others. Therefore it should be possible to mark blog posts as "sticky" so that they are always shown first in the list and employees couldn´t ignore it.

Zustimmung. Bis dahin hilft bei Blogs ein Workaround: Die "automatisch auf der TL teilen"-Funktion deaktivieren und den Post dann manuell auf die besagte TL sharen - dann geht Sticky.

• Julia Hillmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DIe Sticky-Funktion in der Timeline ist sehr praktisch - noch besser wäre es, wenn es dies auch für Gruppen und Arbeitsräumen für Blogbeiträge gäbe.

• Tobias Winkler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An Option for blog posts similar to the sticky timeline post would be nice.
    However we would need it to be sticky without the user being able to 'ignore' it by clicking the check mark.

Feedback and Knowledge Base