COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Order the list of my workspaces

The Workspaces which I use most should be always on top of my list, not just when I stay in Coyo. That's a wish in our Company.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Axel S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) responded  · 

We are thinking about giving users the option to mark workspaces as their favorites. Favorite workspaces will be the first in the list on the workspace overview and in the subscriptions widget.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Ben, cool! I'll merge this suggestion into the other one then.

Yes, the automated approach is great and we considered doing that, but the technical solution is not trivial since it has to be determined for every user independently.

Additionally, users might get confused when the order is changing constantly. It might be easier to understand and simpler to just let them decide on their own.

• Ben Vöck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, thanks again for the reply! Yes, that would solve the problem description, so I'm completely on board! Still a big fan of an automated approach without the required user interaction though. But I'm happy about the simple solution!

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Ben, thanks for your suggestion and sorry for the very late answer.

We were considering this idea but thought about going with another approach. What do you think about the suggestion in https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010/suggestions/17885272 ?

We have the idea of giving users the option to mark their favorite workspaces manually. On the workspaces list and within the My subscription widget we would then list favorite workspaces first.

• Ben Vöck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem description:
        If a users total subscriptions exceed 5 pages or workplaces, he/she has to manually interact with the "show more" icon in order to navigate to the prefered page or workspace. The alphabetical sorting of the subscriptions doesn't reflect the relevancy of a page or workspace for the user.

Idea:
        Automatic sorting of subscriptions by activity
        (See attached mockups)

The users subscriptions are automatically sorted by most recent activity within a page or workspace. A small "new" badge (mockup_1.png) or a numeric activity indicator (mockup_2.png) highlights the sorting mechanism in an informative an easy-to-digest manner.

Why to build?
        The subscription widget is one of the most important active personalization elements to navigate around the social intranet. Adding activity information to it would make it the perfect tool to quickly access the most relevant information right from the homepage (or in the hamburger menu on mobile) without any extra steps for the user.

Thank you very much for the consideration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base