COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

External members in workspaces

Ability to invite external users to participate only in specific workspaces.

83 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminJan Marquardt (Managing Director, COYO) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Jürgen, as I said in another post we are planning to release the Enterprise version in February. I am very sorry that the version is delayed - but that doesn't mean that our Enterprise clients are less valuable.

Like for any other software vendor it is much easier to roll out updates for the cloud version since we manage the platform by ourselves and can intervene if something goes wrong. For platforms that are hosted by our customers themselves or by our partners we need to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible since installation, configuration and operation are not in our hands. This makes it necessary that we run a lot of additional tests that are quite complex and can take a while. Especially if the tests reveal some findings that we need to integrate into the application beforehand.

This is one of the reasons the cloud will always receive earlier and more frequent updates. Though, in this case the enterprise version is delayed unexpectedly and I am very sorry for this. I totally understand that it contains a lot of important and long expected features.

• jufe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Sven, what about the release date orr that feature for Enterprise? Thanks!

• Julia Berghoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A question: Coyo recommended a workaround as long as this function is not available: Invite users with a minimum role and access only to workspaces. This is quite a lot of work and of course not an optimum. Now, what happens if the new function is available and external users can be invited into a dedicated workspace? Delete the default/workspace only users and invite them again?

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The development as such is completed but we are running some intensive tests right now. The feature stretches along the whole application and needs to be tested very thoroughly. So, depending on the feedback of our QA we are expecting to ship a release with external workspace members real soon.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Christoph: Thanks for the heads up. We are currently evaluating Office 365. To be honest it's quite a mess, GUI inconsistent, remains of Skype here and there, one has a plethora of Apps / Functions and Forms to choose from. We have to look into 365 deeper and of course get used to it first ;)

Teams looks promising although there is a lot of work for MS to do here.
        Aside from Office 365 I'm still waiting for the coyo team to implement the "invite external users" feature as promised in their roadmap. This would be a game changer for us and instantly sky rocket coyo's usage and acceptance!

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Florian: Latest roadmap says in Q3. We will use O365 by then and the late implementation of the feature will be another setback for the use and acceptance of coyo.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on when this will implemented? I know you mentioned one could create a sort of "External" role and limit that role to only have access to Workspaces. In our case unfortunately this means that the External can see all our public Workspaces, when he is supposed to see only one.

We would need something to lock down the External to on or more specific Workspaces only. Also the roles for this External should be more granular. An External e.g. should be able to upload and alter documents but not allowed to delete them - right now you can only grant them both (alter and delete but not either or). Thank you for your great work!

If you can go without that actual feature for a while, it should be no problem to migrate, from my point of view.

I know that some customers are actually doing that. They migrate to COYO4 and apply a very restricted role to their former external users (e.g. so that they can only see workspaces). After we implemented the feature itself, it will be possible to "demote" common users to externals.

• pfranke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, does that delay migrations that use external Workspaces at the moment? If so, would it change something if we deactivate external workspaces and delete external members.

I am very sorry but I have to announce that we need to postpone that feature again. Development has already started and is ongoing but the feature turned out to be way more complex and difficult than we thought.

It is now scheduled for Q3.

• Lennart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nice idea. As administration will become more complex with this and other ideas, I can read in this community, please consider making the administration overall a little more comfortable. I am thinking of a botton below the regular pageapps wich says "adminmode". switch on gives me options, switch off keeps me a normal reader. This way you can also take "layout bearbeiten" under this submenu

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base