COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Delete chat conversation

The requirement is that chat conversations can be deleted. Now there is the ability to hide chat conversations, but conversations cannot be deleted persistent.

This should be possible.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J. W. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) responded  · 

Right now we are looking into an archiving function / improving the current archive functionality. Users will be able to move group chats and 1-on-1 chats to an archive and also look into the archive itself. That way you can keep your chat sidebar clean.

Would that solve your requirements?

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven,

thanks for your feedback. The status of this idea should then be changed as well, as "in review" is confusing in this case.

Josephine

Hi COYO,
    are there any updates on this functionality? Users are still asking for an option to delete the chat messages in their overview.

Hi Sven,

I´ve asked the users, who requested the "delete messages" functionality, if archiving would be enough for them. They stated that they want to delete the messages/conversations and not only archive it. Archivin is possible already.

@Anon: Perhaps it would be an idea to make it configurable within the admin settings for the platform, whether users can delete conversations/chat messages or not. So every platform admin can decide on this on for his company.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly don't see any functionality in deleting messages. This could be heavily abused

Hi Sven,

I think the user should have the option to delete some old messages or the whole old chat history. Of course some colleagues also want to follow up on their chat history. Therefore I would say that there´s no general solution like deleting all older conversations or deleting the chat history, when closing the chat window. Offering a button/an option to delete chat messages/this history would be brilliant (e.g. as for archiving). Then every user could decide, whether he/she wants to delete the chat history or would like to keep it.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Josephine,

thanks, that's very interesting! An interesting question would be, though, what the users would expect if the start a new chat with the same colleague. Would they expect all messages to be gone? Because in many messaging apps the last messages will appear again...

Hi Sven,

our users want to delete the conversation to remove the conversation the chat "window". I know that there´s the archiving functionality, but archiving doesn´t seem to be enough for them. They want to delete the conversations/messages. Perhaps also to keep their chat history empty.
    Of course they know that, if they delete a message for themselves, it won´t be deleted at the other users chat history.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a bit uncertain what the actual use case is: From my point of view a user should not be able to delete a whole conversation. if this would be possible I could delete the messages of the user I am corresponding with. If the use case is just to delete my own messages within a conversation that would alter the context of the conversation as such.

Sarah, could you give me a bit more information what your Data Privacy would like to achieve?

Josephine, do the users want to delete the conversation to actually delete the messages or to remove the conversation from the chat sidebar?

This is highly demanded by our users! They ask for a "delete"-button for the single chat conversations.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@J.W. you're right, everyone need to be able to delete, what he/she wrote.

• J. W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did I get it right, that each person should be able to delete, what someone else writes? I think this is not the right way. I think every person should be able to delete their own chat messages or conversations if they want.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Data Privacy really want this functions, because each person should be able to delete, what someone writes.

• J. W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But that's not the only way it should be. I think a global configuration that the chat messages automatically be deleted when reaching a specific time that is the point that an administrator isn't be able to know about a global time. The user should be able to decide if he wants to delete his messages.

• Enrico Beyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its possible to delete chats defining the time when to delete. It is in the administration area

Feedback and Knowledge Base