COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Chat: Improve usability to close the whole chat bar

It would be nice to improve the process from "open chat" to ""reduce chat list to a minimum on the right side".

Now:
1. Close chat with a single person : click on arrow at the top
2. Close whole chat: click on arrow at the bottom
-> you have to move the mouse from the top to the bottom what is inconvenient.

I think the easiest thing would be to place the button from 2. also on top.

54 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the solution, but I would suggest to have "closed" as default. Many colleagues do not understand how to close it. And if they chat, they will find out anyway how to open it.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment we plan to make the application remember wether a user collapsed or expanded the chat. This would be a quite easy implementation to reduce the space the chat sidebar uses.

Would this be sufficient for you?

@sven: Do you plan to change the default behaviour of the chat bar? We get a lot of complains that the chat bar is wasting space. Best would be a solution as in V3 (you only see something, if you chat). At least default it should open minimised and best would be, if you as a user can decide if you want to switch it off.

any update here? our colleagues are really annoyed by the open chat: "waste of space"

the chat takes much space, we would like the chat bar to be closed by default. at the moment it is open by default. our colleagues are complaining.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

chat bar takes almost my entire sceen. main function is not chat, but seems so

• Haydn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the chat is really useful, but agree it should be minimised by default, not open as it's not the most essential part of the home page :)

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to define the default for the chat bar within the admin console: If the chat bar should be hidden or not as default.
        Even better would be, if the chat bar remembers the last setting of the user (hidden chat bar or not).

• Lennart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Chatbar uses too much space in the first place, especially on smaller laptopscreens. Finding content and working should be the main focus of coyo. Chat is a nice feature, but certainly not used by a lot of users. Lets auto minimize chat by default and remember if one enhances it.
        Lets not over stress the unused eyer to coyo!

Feedback and Knowledge Base