We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMarco Wilhelm (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the hint, Nik. Might indeed be a handy workaround for others as well.
    Concerning the different approaches tackling multilinguality that will be in our product once we released the automatic translation functionality for timeline posts, I'd again like to stress our agile and iterative approach. Once, the automatic approach has proven to be accepted / successful, I can absolutely see it rolled out further into our product. At some point in time, the current manual translation approach for content creation might then be replaced by it. Let's see... ;-)

• Nik G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marco,

Thank you for getting back.

IMO the iterative approach that you are suggesting is absolute understandable. Though it will be a half baked solution as you would have timeline post that could be translated but comments cannot. Blog on the other hand is completely manually by enabling the German language. So I understand where you are coming from but from a customer journey point of view looks like one hack on top of the other rather than having an end to end approach.

To circumvent this we are using the chrome inbuilt translation feature which more or less uses the same Google Translate Integration for all of Coyo (timeline, comments, blogs, wiki, forums etc.) This workaround works like a charm and German speakers in the company stopped complaining that zLife isn't multilingual.
    In the meanwhile you can also suggest this workaround for your other customers who might be constantly nagging as we did.

Nevertheless we would opt for this feature once it is complete otherwise it becomes too much of a mish mash for us.

Greets
    Nik

• AdminMarco Wilhelm (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nik,

for the first iteration, we're planning to stick to texts within timeline posts only. Comments will then be one of the most likely followups.
    Would you say that the possibility to translate comments is crucial for your users?

• Nik G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@marco: Will it be applicable for the comments on a timeline post as well?

Hi Christoph,

as we want to give you the freedom to choose the provider that suits your needs best (eg focus on data protection, amount of supported languages) and as there are customers already having agreements with one of those translation providers in place, we decided to leave this choice up to you. Consequently, you would have to bear the costs of the agreement with your chosen provider.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great.

Can you Tell something about data protection? Or do "we" have to buy premium services like DeepLPro where the data are not stored and used?

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the quick reply and the feedback! We already did some tests with Azure and DeepL - we will have another look into Google as well.

This might be an interesting topic for next year, though. At the moment we are pretty packed with work but we are aware that this would be a great feature!

• Stephanie Zobel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven,

I think of a solution like the one that you see at this example -> https://www.outdooractive.com/en/mountain-hike/allgaeu/from-oberstdorf-to-the-gaisalphorn/6817248/

I think they worked with google translate api. It would be nice if one could select between different languages and not just english at the coyo adminisitration backend.

Google translate seems to me the most obvious solution to create good multilangiage content but I if you can think of other good tranlastion providers they might also be ok.

Greetings
    Stephanie

• Henrik Siebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thias is definitely necessary for our company group and I honestly cannot understand why it´s not built into Coyo yet! Please integrate this automatic translation feature asap!

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We ware already thinking about that as well. I think that would be a great addition and that feature would totally make sense for the product. I'll keep that in mind and maybe we can squeeze it in at some point.

Feedback and Knowledge Base