COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Timeline: mark posts for later

There are lots of posts on the timeline but there is not always enough time to read them all. Therefore I would like to able to flag each post to read it later, i.e. with a little star or the like.

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lisa Borchert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if a user can put specific content on a "save for later" list. Lots of social media platforms are using this already and it would help if I could say "save for later" somewhere, in case I don't have time to have a closer look at something but I don't want it to get lost...

• Tanja Welter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is also very important to us. The topic mark is missing in the Coyo 4.0 very much! However, the topic also has potential to expand to Coyo 3 with, for example, marking in its own defined categories and storing data, so that marked posts pop up again at a certain point in time similar to the Task Manager.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the great feedback! I agree that it makes sense to add both features: mark / save posts to be viewed later and also get notified about posts at some point in the future. I also like the idea to connect this feature to the task app.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That'll be great, Sarah. There should be an idea for an individual "global" task app that shows all tasks from workspaces and pages but where I can also create personal tasks just for me.

Tasks: Users should be able to create personal tasks independently from pages/workspaces
    http://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/32584180-tasks-users-should-be-able-to-create-personal-tas

Display all personal tasks from all workspaces/pages
    http://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/32107825-display-all-personal-tasks-from-all-workspaces-pag

I think there's a huge need to improve the task app as it is not very convenient now.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that this idea is under review! Really looking forward to it.
    I like the suggestion of Christoph. I think it will cover two important use cases:
    a) I'm in general interested, but not now and I don't know when. The function of "marked post" or "save It" gives me the feeling I can relax, because I will find it later again. Maybe this function could work for other items as well? Eg. Blog articles, wiki articles. But post is more important. Depending which items are in scope, the place for the savings could be a filter in the timeline (posts only) or on my profile (other items as well)
    b) There is a to do from a post and I need to create a task. There could be a private task app in every profile which is collecting all assigned task from all task apps and I have the possibility to create unassigned tasks as well. The upcoming due date on every task leads to a notification. That would go a bit further as Christoph's suggestions but would give a general overview about my tasks. On the very long run this could be integrated with task from other programs like outlook.

I definitely would recommend to treat these as two different use cases and features.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds great.

What about a new icon. When you click on it you have the coice between

a) read later. you will find it where all marked posts are. like "save it" on Facebook.
    b) create a task. you can create a task with a comment. the task appears on the personal task list/overview (that needs to created for tasks that do not belong to a WS or page). this should be able almost anywhere in coyo.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this feature adds value to the product and it's planned to be implemented again. I was wondering whether we should implement it the same way it was before in COYO 3. There you could mark a post and on your global timeline you had a filter to show all posts you have marked before.

Another idea would be to set a date for a reminder. You can choose when COYO is reminding you of a specific post via notification. If you click on that notification you will be linked to that specific post.

This would have the advantage of being more flexible. We could also attach this to messages, forum posts or basically any content. The disadvantage would be that the user does not get an overview of his or her marked posts.

Any thoughts?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same for us. In the past a user was able to structure the Posts, which is not the case with Coyo 4.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly support this idea. It was there on Coyo 3 and our colleagues used it a lot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base