COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Animated GIFs

Possibility to show animated GIFs everywhere you can upload images (Timeline, Rich-Text-Editor, Chat…)

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

André Karl Peters shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nik G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Marco,

Yes as an attachment but not as a link. In our case we ideally want to disable the option of attaching a file via desktop upload or Coyo file upload. The reason for that being numerous one of them being we want to avoid is having different File repositories i.e. Desktop vs Coyo vs GDrive.

Furthermore uploading these GIF's as files you would be having further future performance issues hence just like every other Social Media we would expect from an experience point of view if I post a GIPHY link in my main timeline post and if another user follows it up with link from GIPHY in the comment then it should be embedded as well (End to End experience)

Would it be possible to push this as a feature request?

Let me know your thoughts and thank you for your response

Greets
    Nik

Will this GIF feature be also applicable to comments section in a timeline post?

My use case is:
    The main post of a user on a timeline contained a GIF and I want to comment it back with a GIF. As of now it will only be a link though ideally it should embed in the comments section the GIF.

Is this applicable only to the posts and comments on timeline or is it applicable also for widgets?

My present limitation is on a homepage I want to link a GIF and interlink a hyperlink when someone clicks on this GIF he goes to an external source or on a channel within Coyo.

Is there a way to realize/implement this?

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! Now please let us post a post/comment without the need to type in text = be able to post a gif/image only post.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GIFs should work almost everywhere without having to click the preview. GIFs must not have any impact on the timeline performance (which is not very well anyway). The GIF needs to be animated directly in the timeline, not in the preview. Nobody clicks the preview of images. It'lle be great ti find a way a) to improve timeline performance and b) make GIFs work.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is not already implemented - sure this is not a business feature but gifs are a new way of communicating and an absolute must for an intranet. Please implement asap

Feedback and Knowledge Base