COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Widgets My Pages & My Workspaces: show the pages/workspaces I use the most first

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
In Development  ·  AdminMarco Wilhelm (Product Manager, COYO) responded  · 

Hey there,

I’m happy to tell you that we just started with our planned improvements of the subscription widget.
What you can expect in detail:

- Users will have the option to mark workspaces as their favorites within the widget which will result in those favorite workspaces being on top of their list
- The order of the shown pages in the widget will be adapted from the pages overview: First, the auto-subscribe pages will be shown and then all others that the user is subscribed to.
- For both, pages and workspaces, we’ll increase the amount of initially shown entries.
- We’ll increase the amount of additionally shown pages/workspaces on ‘show more’ to 20.

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guido Greger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case every users follows every page (just about 10, so it should be possible to have them shown). The widget shows only 5 entries per section and 3 barely visible dots, if there are more entries.
    In Coyo 3 there was a text ("show all"), which was more obvious.

Furthermore you have to click more than once as the dots display the following entries in chunk of 5. Especially when you have numerous workspaces you follow, it's quite annoying.

Why not implement a settings dialog for the admins with options for sorting, number of entries, etc.? This would adress many of the problems at once.

Hint: I have seen a nice mockup somewhere here in the community.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our plan is to order the pages and workspaces the same way they are ordered in the pages and workspaces overview. For pages that would be: must-follow pages before any other page and alphabetically as secondary sort order.

For workspaces we would like to introduce the option to mark workspaces as favorites. Those workspaces would be listed before any other workspace in the widget and in the workspaces overview. So, there would be an indirect way to order workspaces.

We were actually thinking about giving the user the option to freely order their pages and workspaces but the widget is quite small and we couldn't come up with a good and easy solution that would result in a great user experience.

• Guido Greger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The widget should also have a settings dialog which permits to specify a number of entries to be shown.

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users would like to sort the entries in "My communities" and "My Pages" within the my subscriptions widget.

They prefer to have them sorted according to their own preferences. This makes it easier for them to access frequently used communities/pages - as we use this widget on our landing pages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base