I suggest…

"Share with" user should also be possible as a private message. Much more important than a share on the users public timeline!

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree. This is still highly relevant. Users are generally unaware of the fact, that their messages from shared content are public. This behaviour needs to be at least communicated through an help text within the "share with" screen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can agree with all the comments made so far. Since there is no mention of comments being published on a user's personal timeline when sharing with only one user, this can easily lead to discriminatory posts.
    From my point of view this resembles a "bug" that has to be removed or adapted as soon as possible. The goal must be that sharing a post with one person is only visible to that person.

• AdminMarco Wilhelm (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    we still acknowledge the problem. However, we felt like sharing a new function, which might be a handy workaround for you:
    From version 14.x on posts have a new item in the context menu "Copy link". The post-link can than be pasted in any private conversation or to your external tools.
    Consider, sharing the link will not automatically grant access rights to the recipient.

• Ben Vöck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! This is still highly relevant. Users are generally unaware of the fact, that their messages from shared content are public. This behaviour needs to be at least communicated through an help text within the "share with" screen.

• Florian Fuchs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly agree with Christoph - a normal user understands "sharing with another user" as a private message. And not a publicly visible post. Even shares to protected workspaces are (or were) visible at the post (with sharing text!)

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in addition: despite training, many users think that "sharing with another user" would be not public and use it in the same way. this can lead to unpleasant moments. community management cannot keep track of this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base