COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Colleagues app, workspaces overview etc: Admin should be able to choose which categeries are chosen by default

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christoph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My "own" WS are on the homepage in the pages/ws widget, so: Yes, change it, please. ;)

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I´m entering the workspace overview when looking for another workspace, I´m not a member of yet.

If I´m looking for a certain workspace, where I´m already a member and want to access it for the respective information I need out of this workspace, I`m always using the "my subscriptions"-widget on our start page. This is really easy to use, I can see all of my workspaces, I´m a member of and I can search through it.

So from my point of view, I´m only missing a good overview on all available communitys.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I partly agree. I see your point for the colleagues list - there shouldn't be a filter (e.g. department) set by gefault. Because when you visit the colleagues list, you probably don't want to see a list of the colleagues you already see.

For the workspace list there are at least two different use cases from my point of view:

a) You are new to the network and would like to see which workspaces are available: Filter "All" would be the best as default
    b) You already are member of quite a few workspaces and go to the list to enter one of the workspaces: Filter "Member" would be the best as default

In this cases it would be unclear which filter to set as default because it depends on the intention of the user. Therefore my idea would be to set "Member" as default filter and make it very easy to reset the filter for case a),

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The common usage of filter-settings is that there are no filters set, if you enter a page. You have to set them on your own to use them. Maybe this is the problem for some user. They enter the page and do not expect that there are filter set.

And if they don´t expect, that there are filters set, most users will not push "Reset filter" or something like this. I guess they expect the filters set to "All categories", "active" and all kind of memberships.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I see your point and we are already working on a solution. But making the default filter settings configurable might not be the best idea.

On the one hand, this could get quite complex because the filter categories (for colleagues) differ from platform to platform and can be configured in many ways. Additionally, some defaults might be useful in one use case, but not in the other.

Therefore, we came up with the idea to provide a prominent option to reset the filter when running into empty results. This helps if you open the workspace list for the first time (and have no memberships at that time) or when you clicked a workspace invitation notification beforehand (which sets you filter to "Invited").

What do you think?

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a user is invited to a workspace and goes to the workspace overview, he is not able to see the workspace he is invited to. The reason for this is the default setting of the filter.

Additionally in most cases he doesn´t find the appropriate filter, because the list of the filter is too long and the filter he has to switch is at the end of the list.

So choosing the default setting would be a very good idea.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For us it is not helpful that the colleagues app shows the colleagues of my time/location etc. I need exactly the opposite.

Feedback and Knowledge Base