COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

The dynamic list should have an import-function

The dynamic list should have a function to import data from excel or txt. We have a list in excel an would manage the things in coyo, but we dont want to lose or miss the existing data. To type it manually is not usefull and the content app we dont want to use.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jan Brendel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful if you could import Files (for example Excel) into lists in COYO. Is a Feature like that planned in the Future?

• Thomas Dittmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I plan to switch my QM-database from Access to Coyo, but I don't like to type all my existing entries manually. Is there a way to import directly in the database (ODBC, ...).

• Lennart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

current download into excel/csv is super. Please implement a solution to be able to get data into the listapp by upload. The usecase will be CRM, Roomlists, etc. Every larger amounts of list entries that are usually kept in excel. List app could exchange the use of excel in many companies and make life easier.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment even the superadmin can't import files to the list app. For him the same technical restrictions would apply.

fgetcsv is not on option since COYO is a Java application ;) But, yeah - basically it would be possible to create a very basic import with some restrictions (e.g. all fields are text fields after import).

Let's se how many people are voting for this feature. If there is a high demand for this, we will figure something out.

@sven hoffmann. Makes sense. I understand that superadmins can import, is that correct? this way, one can make sure, that the formats work

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Generally I like this idea! Though, I am not quite sure how to import data from excel to a list app. The main problem would be that the Excel sheet can contain any untyped data in any appearance. How would you determine which data represents one item in the list app? One column? One row? What about incomplete rows or merged cells? What's the type of the data in one Excel cell? Is it a link? a number, simple text?

I agree, that this would be a great feature, but this might get really complex and cumbersome in handling that the feature might end up being to difficult and frustrating to use in the end.

import and export from and to excel is an essential feature request for this app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base