COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Independent calendar-app

It needs to be possible that you can create a calendar on pages/ workspaces whose entries are not shown in the global calendar (event).

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, if I understand your requirements correctly two things should be changed regarding the calendar:

1. Visibility and invitation concept: Public events for the page / workspace without having to invite participants / private events for closed pages and workspaces / restricted events for a certain group of people.

2. Views: Add a monthly and weekly view for the events. Make it easier to see your personal calendar (with all events I was invited to, or I am attending).

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to provide an option to choose the displayed view (list, monthly view (calendar view), weekly view).

Moreover I would like to choose, who´s invited and is therefore allowed to participate:
    Public communities: Public event - Everyone, who´s interested is able to join
    Closed & Private community: Everyone within the community is able to join (options: maximum number of participants); Invite participants, but the event is visible for the whole community

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make the calendar a really useful tool it should provide at least two views:
    1. Display the calendar of a workspace inside a workspace
    2. Display the users calendar, which means a calendar where he is able to see all his entries summarizing the calendars of the workspaces he is part of.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hm I would extend this requirement to a calendar for teams. I think one use case which is gone with V4 is the team or project calendar. We had many teams, who work in communities together and they need a calendar for planning JF/Vacations etc. This use case would also include not to delete passed events. I would like to see a separate Calender-App for collaboration. Best with Ical abo.

• pfranke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe I'm wrong. At the moment I can only see Events in my calendar from the Pages and Workspaces I subscribed / I'm a member of, correct?

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks!
    Only partially...we use the calendar as a working tool but also for "leisure events". E.g. we offer sports classes for the whole company and for this we need a seperate calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base