I suggest…

Translation/Multilanguage for Pages/Workspace categories

It would be nice to have the possibility to activate multilanguage for the categories of pages and workspaces. At the moment, we have the categories in English but it would be great to also add translations.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jenny Claßen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, I forgot to answer.

"For homepages I was actually thinking about different pages for different languages. "

That would mean User with Coyo System Language English sees a Homepage for English speaking people etc. I think I that's not possible with Coyo, isn't it? Groups based on Locations do not work for us as we have different languages on each locations.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wondering what the status is on the feature of translating page categories. What makes the implementation of such a feature difficult? Would just like to understand..thanks!

• Jan Neuser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you have to set up a global fall back language and all languages possibilities at first.

Second, I think it could be a way to choose the languages in every "write" window as a language drop-down menu. I think it is easy to mark the text with an additional language filed the database.

If the author does not fill in the right language for the user, it automatically falls back into the global language. This language has to be filled in first as a required text field.

If you have this, you can show the favorite language (user setting) text at first. If not possible, show always the global language. For all those want to learn languages you can show a switch button with flags for example.

A spontaneous idea...

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not imagine that this works (different HO for different languages). Therefore you need to know which language people are speaking. We cannot get this information from the AD. In an international company people are located often not in their home country.
    We have the same use case and currently we work around with the code widget, which is pretty high effort. So I would highly appreciate that everything on a HO can be translated.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Christoph, interesting thought. For homepages I was actually thinking about different pages for different languages. This way you could also provide different widgets / layout for different languages. What do you think?

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Josephine,

we added multilanguage to those parts of COYO where mainly editorial content is created - e.g. for pages. One of the reasons is that providing content in different languages is a common task for editors but is quite complex for common users of the platform.

Anyways, in which parts of COYO (apart from categories) would you like to see multilanguage being provided?

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have this added to the language settings within the admin area. Then we´re also more flexible in adjusting translations with the help of our international "translators" (Swedish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, etc.)

Moreover I think multilanguage hasn´t been implemented very consistent, as I´m able to translate some parts of our COYO environment and for others parts/areas mutlilanguage isn´t supported.

Feedback and Knowledge Base