COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Make it easier for users to join a workspace on the detail page

This way users could more easily see their subscription status.
Also it would provide a more unified look and feel for users.

(Our Problem: We had a few users who didn't receive any more notifications because the unwillingly unsubscribed from a workspace.)

19 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tobias Winkler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have feedback that people do not know how to join a workspace. We also experience that people do not accept invitations. Therefore I suggest to create (daily?) reminder notifications of unanswered workspace inviations.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see! This makes it much clearer for me to understand and I agree. It should be easy to join a workspace. It is quite obvious when viewing the list of workspaces but not on the detail page of a workspace.

We will have a look into it and keep you posted.

PS: I changed the title of the idea since we are talking about joining a workspace - not subscribing it.

• Damian kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand how in all digital customer experience best practice the most obvious items go where the customer goes. For example, you don’t put a live chat option at the bottom of a scroll down page and the tel number at the top if live chat and keeping a customer in a digital journey. Even on this vote you ask me immediately to subscribe to the thread. However when a person comes to a community they have to search where to join it and it’s the last thing at the bottom of a page. Just doesn’t make sense in any experience thinking.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, thanks for your answer! My goal is to make it easier for users to join workspaces/communities. We got broad feedback from colleagues that they have simply no clue how to join a workspace/community. I see your point in not making pages and workspace/communities look alike and I agree with that of course. But in my personal opinion a button would not make them look alike as you still have no title image.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks a lot for your feedback! In general it is not our intention to make pages and workspaces look alike because, well, they are simply different things.

Placing the subscribe button to the top would make it quite prominent and I wonder what the use case is. Are we really talking about subscribing a workspace or more about joining a workspace?

If you join a workspace you automatically subscribe it as well - this means you will get notifications and updates from that particular workspace. You can afterwards remove you subscription to not get those updates but you can remain being a member to still have access.

So, what is the use case for you to have the subscription button being placed as prominent as for pages?

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great and sensible feature for the user expirence. I think our coworkers would appreciate the platform a lot more. #makecoyogreatagain

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need consistency with pages. Plus, if we want to improve the subscribers of workspaces, having the button at the bottom of the page isn't a great user experience.

• Pia Sondermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really make sense to have this in workspaces as it is on pages. In workspaces, it can be really hard to find for People who don't use Coyo on such a regular Basis.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often get the Response from users that they don't know how to join a Workspace - especially users that are not that experienced with social media as i.e. Facebook.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that would be great! It would make the platform more consistent.

Feedback and Knowledge Base