I suggest…

Pages / Workspaces: Multiple categories should be connected via OR instead of AND

At the moment, Site-categories are connected as AND.
So ist impossible to find a Site, which belongs to a single category if the user selects multiple categories.

The choosen categories schould be combined with OR

Example:
Site A, Categroy 1
Site B, Category 2
Site C, Category 3

User selects category 1 & 3
At the moment not Site is showing up, because no site dont belong to category 1 AND 3

So it should be used OR

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthias Binder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMarco Wilhelm (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Larissa,

thanks for your input.
    You're right. At the moment, we apply an AND connection in case of several selected workspace categories. There is already another suggestion in our community to change that to an OR connection in order to give you the possibility to broaden your search/results. That's why I'm gonna merge your suggestion into that one.

• Larissa Scheu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When changing the category under workspaces, the previous selected category stays active, hindering to see the content of the newly chosen category. Apparently, the thought of the Coyo-Team is to chose several categories, thus seeing the collected content. However, when selecting more than one category, I am unable to see anything except of the message "no workspace found". Therefore, it would be great to either select several categories and also see the collected content of those categories, or otherwise to be able to chose only one category at a time.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matthias, we actually changed that functionality later. We switched from an OR connection to an AND connection because users wanted to refine the results (AND) instead of broaden them (OR). As soon as you created a lot of pages or workspaces the OR-operator becomes more or less obsolete.

But maybe it would be an idea to make this optionally for the user. I just cant think of an easy and understandable way to explain to users the difference between AND and OR connections.

Feedback and Knowledge Base