I suggest…

Improve launchpad

Via the user community and a workshop which was held last week in our office in Hamburg we gathered some feedback regarding the launchpad. We would like to use the user community to document the feedback, open a discussion and keep you up to speed about the current status of the development.

Basically the launchpad has some good qualities: Customers like being able to administrate it and set global company bookmarks as well as having personal bookmarks, all of it independent from using a browser.

It also has some flaws - most of them having to do with a lack of good user experience and user interface:
- titles are cropped, the space is not used effectively, images take up to much space
- the current launchpad does not work well with large quantities of bookmarks: scrolling is slow, labels and icons are too codensed
- editing of bookmarks is tiring: the option is hard to find and having to change links can be tedious and has to be done manually without a search function. A bookmark that is assigned to multiple categories has to edited multiple times
- Some options (like editing) are very hard to find
- The launchpad is quite hidden which is the reason for many users not to use it

So, we gathered some ideas how to change that:
- Review the user interface and design in general
- Make the use of the launchpad easier (especially with many bookmarks): improve use and display of categories, add search and filters
- Make the launchpad easier to administrate (e.g. the edit button is way to difficiult to find, provide options to copy and move bookmarks)
- Add new ways to sort bookmarks for your need, make it possbile to create your own categories
- Create easier and more personal sorting options, allowing users to tailor the links to their needs
- Direct bookmarking when seeing an element in COYO, e.g. by having a bookmark icon on elements
- Integration with O365 apps

Let us know what you think about this proposal and we'll keep you updated about the progress.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Katja Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely needed. ATM it is complete chaos and a lot of deleting and adding, when I want to sort links.

• Jenny Claßen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the same problem, that the Launchpad does not provide a good overview. What do you think, would it be helpful in your cases that the users can choose their favourites from the managed links which then appear in their own link list? Due to my experience I would say that most of the users just need a few of the provided links.
    See also: http://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/33006775-user-can-choose-favourites-in-launchpad

• Jenny Claßen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like a few other users, I also see the problem to keep an overview in the Launchpad when you have several links there. Therefore, I would like to suggest, that the users can pick favourites from the managed categories which are then displayed in their own (private) link list at the top of the Launchpad.

• Katja Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The available space for the description of the links in the launch pad is too short, so that the name is chopped off. The space should be variable or the name should appear as a mouse over hover function.

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The design of the launchpad could be improved alternatively: The text is cropped after a certain amount of letters, which is not very comfortable. There should be enough space in the launchpad not to crop it.

The possibility of adding an icon doesn´t make it better. In my experience in 95 percent this option will not be used (see screenshot above) and additionally the icons need a lot of space.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using an accordion for the links in the launchpad. Its hard to keep an overview when there are many links in several categories. With an accordion you can hide and show the needed links.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base