I suggest…

A beautiful company online magazine that shows content from blogs etc.

I would like to create an area, i.e. a second homepage, that works as company magazine and also looks like a beautiful online magazine. Where my colleagues can check the news and important content from all departmens etc. in an overview and then choose what they want to read/watch. I want to show news in categories (can be pulled from blog apps from pages/workspaces) and the archive of the chosen category, videos, pictures, links to social channels, maybe even embedded social feeds etc. No collaboration etc. just news and media.

It can be built with existing widgets, but to be honest, it does not look very ****. With the teaser widget, there is no automation possible (new community idea: slider for latest blog entries: http://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010-coyo/suggestions/19296205--latest-blog-entries-as-slider?tracking_code=65318c7b82d5cb964033a3255e4259b0). The widget "latest blog entries" uses a format for teaser images you cannot use because it is almost impossible to display content in the chosen image format. You need the classic teaser image format like on news websites etc. Also, the teaser images make the widget seem "edgy". When you use a couple of "latest blog entries" widgets on a site, it does not look very ****, too. The "image" widget always has a white border line and, depending on the use case, it does not look that nice.

So apart from the individual hompages with timeline, widgets etc it would be awesome to have a **** and good looking possibility for a magazine.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christoph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like it, too :)

There are some ideas that go into the same direction. E.g. replacing the current blog article teaser image: https://community.coyoapp.com/forums/306010/suggestions/32107915

And I agree, also the teaser widget is up for some new design / new features. Especially the format of the teaser images should be easier to determine - e.g. an editor should have the information at hand which aspect ratios and sizes would work best.

I hope, we will be able to look into this in the near future. But in general this idea is probably the result of many smaller improvements on our existing widgets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base