COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

'Sharing with a page' should be a configurable right

As a user i can share any content with a popular page within the social intranet. This is an issue especially with auto-subscribed pages within larger organizations, since any content shared with a page will be visible on the timeline for every user of the intranet.

Example:
User shares an undesirable message with the auto-subscribed news page of the company. This undesirable message will now be pushed forward to the timeline/hompage of every user, even when these users aren't following each other.

Possible solution:
Make "share with page" and "share with workspace" configurable rights within the roles tab of the user administration.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben Vöck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) responded  · 

Ben and I talked directly. This seems to occur in some special circumstances. We will have a closer look into it but it appears to be a bug.

I’ll therefore close this suggestion since it is not a feature request.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben Vöck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven, thanks for the response! We did the following (and just tried it again):

1) User A (Standard user) creates a post on the timeline
        2) User A shares that post with a page (No timeline; User A is not a page administrator nor a subscriber)
        3) User B (subscriber of the page; not administrator; not following User A) sees the shared post of User A on his timeline

Version: 14.0.3-RELEASE

Should we file this as a bug instead?

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly for the use case described by Ben it is not possible to share posts or articles to a page without a timeline or a timeline where only admins are allowed to create content. So Christoph is right - this should not work. I just tested it myself with the current cloud version.

However, you can share posts if you are the admin of target page. Maybe this is the issue here? Also, which version did you use to test this, Ben? I can recall that we added this restriction not that long ago.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Lorenz: I just tried again. I cannot share content, a blogpost for example, with a page without Timeline (Coyo 4). I am going to check the user rights in the administration.

• Lorenz Tiedemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Christoph,
        that is not true. If there is no timeline you still can share content with the respective page and this content will then appear on the timeline of every user who has subscribed this page.

Hi Ben, yes, that's true. But only if you use a timeline on the page and the settings of the timeline allow everybody to post on the timeline. I just tested it. If there is no timeline on a page OR you don't allow everyone to post on the timeline people cannot share anything with the page. Am I wrong?

• Ben Vöck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, thank you! That unfortunately doesn't solve it. Everything shared with a page gets automatically forwarded to the global timeline of every subscriber.

You can restrict the tights of the timeline of the specific page so that only admins can post content to the timeline. That shoudl fix it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base