I suggest…

Mark search results when old version is a hit

When you search for a word or phrase the Coyo search finds older versions of the document due to the indexing. But the results don´t reflect that. I can see a hit on a document where my word or phrase was deleted. Can we please mark search results when the key word or phrase was used in an older version of the document?

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Benny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Benny, thanks for the suggestion. I have to admit that it can be confusing that a document is found in the search that actually might not contain the searched term because the word only appeared in an older version.

This works as intended, though. In many cases old versions of a file point to newer versions. E.g. a weekly meeting report is saved in COYO and a new version is uploaded every week. Now this meeting get renamed - in this case it would be great to be able to find the document with the old AND the new name.

@Christoph: This doesn't really work with our concept of a general file library. For a file (and therefor the search) it doesn't matter whether a file is visible or not. Also, in many cases you still want to be able to find the document within the search even if it is not visible in widgets.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is also another problem:

Case A: I use a file in a blogpost und upload it in the rich text editor.
    Case B: I use a file in the widget single file.

When I delete the blogpost or the widget, the search still finds the files, even if they are not "visible" anymore.

It would be great if Coyo could recognize if they files are "used" (in an blogpost, file app, widget etc) or not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base