COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Restrict permissions in blog app to use it like an ebay kleinanzeigen app

We got our company own marketplace in Coyo where users can put things for sale. We are currently using a blog-app for that but the blog-app permissions (every user can edit/delete or noone can edit/delete) are obstructing us.

On top of that we would like the attached images to these posts be linked to the post, so that if the post gets deleted, the attached images in the document-app will be deleted too.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@sarah: Thanks for your ideas. With the next cloud and enterprise release we will replace links with a button again. So, here we will provide an improvement. Sharing of list items with a preview picture could be quite difficult since there might be 0, 1 or multiple images in on entry - but I still think the idea is quite interesting. We'll take this (together with preview pictures in the list entry) into consideration.

@mark: Thanks for your reply. I'll put your suggestion on our internal roadmap.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Sven,

yes a setting to the blog app that allows users to only edit / delete their own blog articles would be sufficient for us.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use a list as marketplace, but acceptance is rather not so good. It is not really handy and looks not really nice: (Preview) pictures are missing, Links look not nice, if they are long (Button in V3 was much nicer). And last but not least: It is really difficult to notice new entries. Would be great if one could share list entries into the timeline with preview pictures.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Mark,

I guess you are using the blog app instead of the list app for this since it looks nicer, correct? I am just asking because I know that other customers are rather using a timeline or list app for providing a marketplace.

But regarding your suggestion: would it be sufficient for your use case to add a setting to the blog app that allows users to only edit / delete their own blog articles? Or would you actually need a dedicated app for this?

Deleting images attached to a blog article is (by concept) not possible right now. Because admins could use those images at any other place as well and this would break those links.

Feedback and Knowledge Base