I suggest…

Teaser in multiple languages

A client is missing the possibility to add language versions at least to the headline and description of a teaser item. Especially when the teasers target link directs to a Page, that exists in multiple languages.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oliver Drescher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Oliver Drescher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank for replying, Sven! Don't worry abourt priorities here. At last you decide what's urgent to be considered and when.

I think headline and description need to be considered in any case to provide teased contents in the appropriate user selected language.

I'm not sure regarding language specific images. Having text in the image - as this would be the most common reason for providing a language specific image - would be a no-go anyway, as different aspect ratios of the image in the responsive framework would make a useful placement of text in the image almost impossible. So text in images should be avoided and can easily be.
    Your current approach on the other hand allows to change images in a language version of e.g. a blog article. I would say consistency rules here.

I might be wrong, but as I recall the URL of e.g. a Page or blog article are identical in all language versions. That would make a language specific URL input needless.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I heard this idea from other customers as well but unfortunately there are other tasks with a higher priority right now. But let's see whether other customers like to see this getting implemented as well.

To make this more specific: the title and the url would need to be provided in different language, right? The images might be the same in every language?

Feedback and Knowledge Base