COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Tag content

In order to help colleagues find the content they are looking for, it would make sense to add tags (Schlagwörter) at least for blog articles. If it was a mandatory field, it would give structure to Coyo. If you clicked on one tag, all related articles would pop up. So you could also link to them. The different spellings of words within a Company could be unified.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pia Sondermann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barbara Wünschmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a field for Keywords which is searchable but hidden. I want to add e.g. wrong spellings the colleagues use in the search engine, but I don't want to add them as a Hashtag (e.g. my favorite example in German: Entgelttabelle)

• Pia Sondermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your feedback! Hashtags are a good way to look for Content, but unfortunately, they are not very intuitive for People. For someone who is familiar with Twitter and other social media, it is Logical to just add a hashtag or to follow a hashtag (which by the way is pretty hidden in Coyo - but that is something you are working on already, right?). I could ask Editors to add hashtags to their blog articles, but as this is not a mandatory field (like title and teaser) most of them won't do it.
        I know the tags from IBM Connections and just thought this might be something you wanted to look into :-)

• AdminCommunity Manager (Admin, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Pia,

interesting idea.
        Have you thought about using Hashtags to sort your content and make it findable more easily?
        You could just add one or more hashtags to your content and users clicking on them would find all the other contents that are tagged with this Hashtag. Apart from that, users would find all the results when actively searching for that specific hashtag. Plus, people can even follow hashtags to get updated whenever the hashtag is used again.
        Would that be a way to go for you?

Feedback and Knowledge Base