I suggest…

Activate/deactive Comments on page level

It would be great, if page admins could decide wether users can comment on activities on their page or not. So far only system admins can open the comment-functionality globally (for all page or for none). We would want to be able to have another option on the level of pages.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Kira,

yes, that helped a lot. From my experience it is quite unusual that one deactivates comments in general but maybe some other customers could comment and vote here whether this would be an interesting feature for them as well.

My main concern is that the configuration could get quite complex when you are able to activate / deactivate comments on 4 different levels:
    - You can deactivate them in general via permissions (for certain roles or everyone)
    - You could then activate them on a per page, per workspace level
    - You can activate / deactivate them on a per app level
    - You can activate / deactivate them on a per timeline post level

It could get quite hard to get an idea for the user (and even the admin) why exactly commenting is possible or not for some content.

• Kira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sven,
    currently we have deactivated the comment functionality universally. So comments are neither in pages nor in workspaces possible, as it is not possible in the settings to distinguish between pages and workspaces. Some page admins would like to activate the comments on their pages, but other admins do not wish for user/visitors to be able to write comments on their pages. So it would be great if admins could decide to activate comments in their settings of their page. This is currently not available. So far, this has to be selected when creating every single app. Many pages now have a large number of apps on their page, having to go through all settings wouldn't be practical.

Does this help you?

Feedback and Knowledge Base