COYO: Ideas & Roadmap

Trash bin

Currently, whenever a user deletes something, the item is gone forever. Instead, deleted items should go into a trash bin so that users and/or admins can recover them in case the item was deleted accidentally.

114 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jan Marquardt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  Jan Marquardt responded  · 

We are planning this feature for a lot of content types.

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, thank you very much for your input. If I get this correctly restoring deleted files / having a trash bin for files and documents would be the most important feature.

I can't give you a timing right now - as you can see on our roadmap we are working on several O365 integrations features right now. But, the trash bin for documents will be a good candidate as a follow up.

• Thomas Lau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the discussion with our users, we learned, that a recylce bin is need.

Prio:
    1. Documents
    2. Full Pages/ Workspace
    3. Apps
    4. Wiki articles
    5. Blog posts

• Philip Leddin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this asap, it should be basic for each software! We lost a huge workspace today....I can't even see who deleted it! < should be possible too. This should be in development instead of some usability topics.

• Tobias Wolter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should take the “Everything or Nothing” approach, here are the reasons:

1.Documents are stored in SharePoint. We recommend our users to work/communicate in MS Teams, SharePoint.
    Information accessible for every employee is stored in Coyo.
    So only the last Version or project sum-up is published to Coyo. We recommend them to use Coyo Pages, Apps in favor of PDF, Word.
    Coyo is Social Intranet, not Document- Collaboration.
    2. We cannot teach “it only works for specific Filetypes”.
    I would love to say, feel free to try everything, there is a proper version control available.

• Nils Spinner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would vote for a start with a trash bin for files. actually it seems to be necessary to copy files to a second place.
    maybe we should start a strawpoll or something like that ;)

• László Johl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would recommend the approch of Microsoft Office 365 that a deleted file receives a counter of 30, 60 or 90 days until the file won't be recoverable. At it best customers may configure this counter to their needs.

At the moment I would focus on office and .pdf files as Mr. Häffner mentioned.

• Kira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also single blog posts, wiki posts, but also as stated entire apps, pages and workspaces would be good.

• Markus Häffner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of our usecases regarding the security and restore of documents, pictures and other files in COYO fail because we cannot assure a fast and reliable way to restore deleted data. So for us the files (priority Office & PDF files) are the most important.

• AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We know about the importance of this topic and we are having a look into this right now. We want to figure out how we can start kicking off this topic by making some smaller steps of progress. So, we would like to find out what the most important content type would be to recover from a trash bin.

Would be great if you could leave a comment here what you think should have the highest priority.

• Josephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this feature? As this status "planned" looks a little bit outdated (January 2017). Thanks!

• Kira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest, we are waiting on numerous features.
    It is sad, that nothing has happened since Januar 2017. That was 2 years ago.

• Markus Häffner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We´re also waiting for this Feature :-) I was hoping to get it in release 14.0 of COYO 4 ... but as far as I see it isn´t there.

• TNeumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about the recycle/trash bin? An adminstrative one would even be sufficient. A possibility to restore accidentally deleted files/folders would be very nice.
    Service Desk tells me it is not possible to restore single files through the database.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base