I suggest…

Please offer configuration for Coyo Engage App

We don´t want to use the News section in the new Engage App. It doesn´t make sense for use at all, but Coyo forces us to do so.

Please offer a configuration for the engage app. Otherwise the app is useless for us.

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steffen Knop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminSven Hoffmann (Product Manager, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everyone,

first of all - thank you for your feedback! COYO Engage is a quite new product and we are eager to learn what we can improve.

We wanted to get COYO Engage out on the market as soon as it delivers a value for our customers. Therefore we started off with messaging as the first feature and now we added news from blog articles as a second one. Giving you access to the timeline within Engage is part of our plan but it's, due to it's nature, way more complicated. So our decision was to start off with the simpler things that already can be used.

Though, I totally understand that the news module is kind of useless for you right now if you are distributing your news via the timeline. And I know that you are not alone with this problem.

That being said, we like the idea of admins being able to customize the app for your needs and disable / enable the modules. We will come up with a solution and we will keep you posted on that.

• Hendrik Parthen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I think that Steffen Knop and some others here are absolutely right and think in the right direction. That means

a) As administrator you should be able to decide if you really need the news function in COYO Engage. AND

b) If you need them, then you should be able to set what is displayed as administrator yourself. I don't assume that everyone works in your COYO way and uses blogs. We at the company only use the timeline. Because it works better for most people.

As the news function is now designed - and as it was mentioned in the last webcast - it is absolutely useless in many companies. And you can't explain to your employees and colleagues that they should rely on blogs in the future. In our case, I'm glad that after 3 years I managed to use the timeline instead of emails. Now throwing everything over the head is not possible from my point of view...

• Kerstin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree: admins should be able to adapt the app to the needs of their company. As we already use the Coyo App we only need Engage as a messenger tool. Butif the news section is absolutely necessary, it really should display the complete timeline and not just blog posts.

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more thing: We cannot really decide not to use engage. Its in the appstore. If a user from our school wants to download it, he will download it... Another thing you might could think about.

• Steffen Knop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The News section of the App shows actually only blog entries. For publicating news in Coyo we use the timeline and not blogs. We use blogs only in some cases, i.e. publicating news about coyo. Sometimes it lasts weeks for a new blog entry to come up to life.

If a user now enters the app he is displayed the blog entries and not the news of our school. I guess our users are irritated, because its called "News" in the app. Furthermore the blog entries are old, actually our newest entry is from May 2018.

My point is: You offer a product, which can be configured individually by your customers (we use enterprise version). This is what we bought, based on your promises. But now Coyo forces us to use the blog app in a certain way Coyo wants us to use it. We can decide to do so, or to skip using the blog app.

So please, if you introduce mechanisms like above in the app, offer your customers the possibility not to use it.

• AdminJakob Cuda (Product Owner, COYO) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Steffen,
    I would like to understand your use case better.
    I understand, that you would like to use COYO Engage solely for messaging.
    The news section is not necessary for employees of your company.
    Could you elaborate on why the news section does not make sense?
    Should users read blog articles from a different platform or do you not use articles at all?
    If you prefer users read articles from a different platform, you could maybe give some insight on why that is the case.

Thanks in advance.

FYI: The News section is only shown to users who have the pages access permissions enabled. The page access permission applies automatically to every platform.

Feedback and Knowledge Base